Description/Background: WMEAC has hosted a film series since 2010 in various forms. Since 2013, WMEAC formalized a partnership with UICA to host a winter film series showing one film a month from October – February. The series brings new documentary and hollywood films that are relevant to environmental and sustainability themes.
WMEAC will also bring out local speakers who are able to provide context and insight into the topic for the audience. There is a $5 suggested donation for audience members and the film series is also supported by sponsorships.
Calendar Time Scope Commitment:
June – October: 1 -2 meetings in the summer months to research and choose the upcoming film series line-up. Minimal time, but important work support required to secure film rights, cost, and access. Research support to identify sponsors and speakers.
October – February: Day of event logistical support needed the night of the film. General advertising support–sharing the Film Facebook event, for example.
Monthly Time Commitment: minimal. 1-3 hours/month during the summer/fall. 3 hours/month during the film series events over the winter.
Responsibilities of Volunteers:
- Research and identify relevant documentaries.
- Research availability of the film, cost, other access needs to show the film.
- Research and outreach to potential speakers.
- Simple WMEAC tabling support day-of the event.
- Advertising and promoting the film events throughout your network.
- Research and secure event sponsors alongside WMEAC’s Director of Development.