Put on your walking shoes, round up your kids or grandkids, and come to Palmer Park on Saturday, May 21 from 10am-3pm for a fun day of nature discovery. Kent County Parks and the Kent County MSU Extension Master Naturalist program are sponsoring this free event at 52nd St, Wyoming, MI. Discover! Palmer Park is a family program for kids of ALL ages. You can go on a scavenger hunt with a trail guide to be stamped and entered into a drawing for a “Discover! Palmer Park” t-shirt. There will also be a “discovery” trail walk to learn about the park’s truly interesting ecosystem and things like:
- The birds and mammals that make Palmer Park their home
- The variety of native and non-native trees around the park
- The unique OxBow Lake and Buck Creek
- The wildflowers and native plants growing in the area
- The history of the area
- And even the local reptiles and amphibians!
More information about the upcoming event and the Master Naturalist program can be found at www.stuckongardening.com