April 22nd, 2021 is the 51st Earth Day and we are at another pivotal moment in our history. Climate change is our defining battle. How will we do?
WMEAC supports environmental advocacy, education and action here at home in West Michigan. We are working to lessen the impact of climate change and to build sustainable communities through:
- Providing climate education and supporting grass-roots advocacy
- Advocating for strong environmental policies and law at the local, state and national level
- Supporting teacher and students with science-based, hands-on environmental education like Teach for the Watershed
- Hosting community education programs like Rain Harvesting Workshops & the Mayors’ Grand River Cleanup
- Collaborating with and walking side by side grass roots and community organizations to support their work in water accessibility and conservation, energy democracy, and equitable environmental resourcing
In this moment of change, your support will have a big impact on the work WMEAC does in your community. We have 11 donors who have stepped up to match up to $6,400 in additional donations! Will you Give for the Earth by April 22?