Mlive will host a live chat to discuss a proposed user fee to help fund the city’s storm water system. Panelists include:
- Eric DeLong, Deputy City Manager
- Mike Lunn, the city’s Director of Environmental Services
- Haris Alibasic, the director of the city’s Office of Energy and Sustainability
- Rachel Hood, WMEAC’s Executive Director
- Nick Occhipinti, WMEAC’s Director of Policy and Community Activism
Public participation in this event is welcome and encouraged.
Last month a task force on stormwater management (which included a representative from WMEAC) recommended that the city introduce a user fee between $2 and $8 per month to help maintain the city’s aging sewer system. WMEAC strongly supports the proposed user fee as a pragmatic and responsible way for curbing nonpoint source pollution and ensuring that Grand Rapids maintains an effective stormwater infrastructure system.
Read the mlive article here.