Dave Dempsey has worked in environmental policy and conservation in the Great Lakes region for 26 years. He earned an MS in resource development from Michigan State University, and has written six books on conservation–most recently a novel set on Lake Superior.
Mr. Dempsey has held several high-profile positions involving environmental policy, including:
- A member of Great Lakes Fishery Commission (by Presidential appointment)
- Policy Director at the Michigan Environmental Council
- Program Director at Clean Water Action
- Executive Director at Michigan Council on Environmental Quality
- Environmental Advisor to Michigan Governor James J. Blanchard