Friends of the Rouge (FOTR) is offering a part-time job position for Volunteer Monitoring Support. A non-profit organization, Friends of the Rogue promotes awareness for a clean Rogue River, which is located in southeast Michigan.
The responsibilities of Volunteer Monitoring Support entails assisting the Volunteer Monitoring (VM) Program Manager with the Benthic Macroinvertebrate Monitoring Program, the Frog & Toad Survey, and other initiatives. The position has an hourly pay rate of $11.50, with a 25-hour work week and a flexible work schedule (possible weeknights or weekends). A cover letter and resume is due by August 20, 2012 and the position begins in September.
Daily assistance to the VM Program includes paying a great attention to detail and having a broad range of knowledge for various tasks such as:
- Planning, promotion, registration, and trainings for the organization and volunteers
- Regular data input and organization
- GIS mapping for volunteers
- Engaging in site visits and field work
- Communicating through various forms (email, phone, mail) with volunteers, potential volunteers, sponsors, and stakeholders
- Taking charge of inventories, maintenance, ordering
- Tracking and reporting on a regular basis
- Attending activities that FOTR is invited to and being a positive representative
- Adhering to possible physical work and an irregular schedule
The candidate should have a background in biology or a related topic, using computer applications such as Excel and Access, and GIS mapping and training. Communication and social skills are needed as well as participating in physical work or travel.
All resumes and cover letters should be sent to Sally Petrella at email@example.com