Environmental Book Club
WMEAC is excited to host an environmental book club where people from across the region are able to learn more about environmental topics and get more in touch with our community. Everyone is welcome to join us for our book club meetings or to follow along on their own. The Environmental Book Club is sponsored by our friends at Books & Mortar Book Store!
We meet the first Wednesday of every month at 6:30 pm at Books & Mortar Book Store, located at 955 Cherry St. SE in Grand Rapids.
Environmental Book Club is meeting virtually for the time being!
Check out this blog post about our book club!
The WMEAC Environmental Book Club is currently reading:
The Transition Companion: Making Your Community More Resilient in Uncertain Times
by Rob Hopkins
Get 10% off the price of your book club book when you purchase or order it through Books & Mortar! Stop by their store or call (616) 214-8233 to shop local and support this fiercely independent bookstore today!
For more information or to join the book club email list, contact Ericka at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WMEAC Reading List
Here is a list of the books that we will be reading in the upcoming months:
- June 5: The Future of Packaging: From Linear to Circular by Tom Szaky
- July 7: Where the Water Goes: Life and Death Along the Colorado River by David Owen
- August 4: All We Can Save: Truth, Courage, and Solutions for the Climate Crisis by Ayana Elizabeth Johnson
- September 1: Tree Story: The History of the World Written in Rings by Valerie Trouet
- October 6: As Long as Grass Grows: The Indigenous Fight for Environmental Justice, from Colonization to Standing Rock by Dina Gilio-Whitaker
- November 3: Winter World: The Ingenuity of Animal Survival by Bernd Heinrich