WMEAC is excited to host an environmental book club where people from across the region are able to learn more about the history of the environmental movement and get more in touch with our community. Everyone is welcome to join us for our book club meetings or to follow along on their own. The Environmental Book Club is sponsored by our friends at Books & Mortar Book Store!
The next meeting will be December 4th, 2019 at 6:30pm at Books & Mortar Book Store.
The WMEAC Environmental Book Club is currently reading:
by William McDonough and Michael Braungart
Get 10% off the price of your book club book when you purchase or order it through Books & Mortar! Stop by their store or call (616) 214-8233 to shop local and support this fiercely independent bookstore today!
For more information or to join the book club email list, contact Ericka at email@example.com.
WMEAC Reading List
Here is a list of the books that we will be reading in the upcoming months:
- January 8: The Living Great Lakes: Searching for the Heart of the Inland Seas by Jerry Dennis
- February 5: Silent Spring by Rachel Carson
- March 4: Climate of Hope: How Cities, Businesses, and Citizens Can Save the Planet by Michael Bloomberg and Carl Pope
- April 1: Drawdown: The Most Comprehensive Plan Ever Proposed to Reverse Global Warming edited by Paul Hawken
- May 6: The Death and Life of the Great Lakes by Dan Egan
- June 3: The Hidden Life of Trees: What They Feel, How They Communicate – Discoveries from a Secret World by Peter Wohlleben